Monday, May 21, 2018

Searching For Bigfoot, Memorial Mound, and New House: My Paranormal Life

I finally got some time in the woods today at a spot I’ve been going to for quite a while now. I mostly go for some time to relax, and Bigfoot research. It’s an area beside the theme park “Alabama Splash Adventure” formerly known as “Vision Land”. I had heard of sightings in the area first on the internet, and then someone who worked at the park told me that there have been other sightings there too. They even told me about how the owner of the park had game cameras out on the perimeter of the outskirts of the establishment. This made me want to further investigate what could be going on for myself.  


Another thing I have heard of this land is that businesses do not last, and have terrible luck there due to a native curse that was placed on the land. There are several abandoned buildings around the area, and it really does seem as if there is something dark and depressed about the land. Even the theme park there has gone through several name changes, and has now been converted into only a water park now leaving half of the park unused. Here is a video of on of an abandoned grocery store in the area:


The woods around the park span out for several miles, but it’s really not a spot you would think Bigfoot would show up. Yet when you walk into the woods you start to see some interesting things. Today I saw that the loggers have been tearing it up, and that makes me think the Bigfoot that were there probably have moved on. I did find a possible footprint and some other interesting things. One thing I found very intriguing is that around certain tree structures the loggers had left pink markers, as if they knew they were tearing down the Bigfoot markers and structures. Some people believe the logging industry is behind the coverup of Bigfoot due to the fact that if it was found to be alive, it would shut down the logging industry since Bigoot would be considered an endangered species. 


I also recorded the story of a Bigfoot experience a friend of mine had in Talladega National Forest. I look forward to future investigations in the Talladega national forest area. It's an area I have been before and even had my own encounters at. One time I had set my tent up near Pine Glen campground to get some rest before filming deeper in the woods the next day. It was a cold winter night, and I was bundled up in my sleeping bag sleeping like a baby. Around 4:00 AM I awakened to hearing tree branches being snapped, as if by something that had hands. I caught all of this on film, but the moment I turned my camera off and put it down, a whole tree was knocked over. I cursed myself for turning off the camera, but I was happy I caught the sounds of the branches being snapped. My friend Ken thinks that whatever was snapping the branches may have been trying to intimidate me out of its territory, but once it sensed I was not scared it left me alone for the rest of the night. 


Another thing I got to do recently was finally explore the Memorial Mound mausoleum. It's a place that I've always had a fascination, and was built by someone my dad did business with back in the day. The story of Memorial Mound goes that in 1969 a man named Clyde Booth, a former grave digger and construction engineer, began studying burial mounds and the catacombs of Rome which inspired him to create an underground burial mausoleum. At the age of 67 he decided to make his dream a reality in the south east. In 1990 Clyde purchased a lot in Bessemer, Alabama and completed the undeground mausoleum in 1992.


The foundation of the facility sits 8 feet underground with a large chapel as the interior room. It has two wings with metal racks for caskets and cremated remains. In 1996 Memorial Mound shut its doors, and by 2009 it had fallen into a state of neglect. Vandals had torn it apart, and by 2015 the authorities had to recover the remains of 7 adults and 1 infant from the abandoned mausoleum. There is actually footage of skeletal remains found there on YouTube. Here is my recent video from going inside: 


The place has quite the aura to it, as Sir Klopp put it in the comments of the YouTube video above. All I can say is that it really does, and even just standing at the entrance to the door will make you feel some sort of way. The chapel in the front looks like something out of a horror movie, and when you walk around the corner and see the coffins your heart just drops a little. It's a beautiful site despite all of the terrible vandalism that occurs there. I wouldn't doubt it if there have been rituals done inside the mausoleum as well. I hope that the people who were at rest in there are now at peace wherever they may be. 


For all who know about our terrible luck with our current housing situation...we may have solved our problems! We did all of the paperwork to buy our first house today, and the one we chose is a historic Victorian style home built in 1902. We really lucked out on finding it, and it's honestly perfect for what I do. Just from walking through the house I could feel that it might have a haunting of its own. I am excited to learn more about the history of the house, and to have my permanent office set up for live streams and video editing. Things are about to get LIT. Here is a picture of part of my new office!


So huge thanks to all the Wolfpack Squad for holding it down, spreading good vibes, and being understanding during this time. We are finally getting our living situation solidified, so that we can put our roots down and get back to work on content for you! The quality of my content is about to increase ten-fold, and I think y'all will enjoy everything I've got coming up in the future. Thanks again Wolfpack, I will see you guys soon! Don't forget that the podcasts will still continue every Wednesday night at 7:00 PM central time:  SPECTRAL WOLFPACK SHOW



No comments:

Post a Comment