Monday, May 7, 2018

The Pope Lick Monster Trestle, New House Vibes, Ghost Stories - My Paranormal Life

On my way back from the EPIC WOLFPACK meet and greet (last blog) I got to stop by somewhere that I’ve wanted to see for several years. The Pope Lick Creek Train Trestle. The trestle sits over 700 feet long, and is at least 90 feet tall. A few people have died on the bridge-trestle, and some would say it was the doing of the Pope Lick Monster: a part goat, part sheep, part man who is said to lure people on the trestle to meet their fate. There was a movie based off the monster called, "The Legend of The Pope Lick Monster" released in 1988. Just a year earlier two kids had died from injuries received from the dangerous trestle. The trestle itself was built in 1929, and some say the legend dates back several generations.


According to some the creature uses either hypnosis or voice mimicry to lure trespassers onto the trestle to meet their fate before an oncoming train. Other stories boast that the beast jumps down from the trestle onto cars passing beneath it. There are even legends of the monster attacking its victims with a blood stained ax, and that the very sight of the dreadful creature is so unsettling, that all who see it while walking across the trestle are driven to leap to their death. Some believe the monster to be a circus freak, who swore revenge after being mistreated by it's superiors. Others say it is a monster that escaped from a train wreck after a train derailed on the pope lick creek trestle. Some even say that the beast is a malformed reincarnation of a farmer who sacrificed goats in order to gain some sort of satanic powers. 


I managed to hike my way up to the trestle, and although I desperately wanted to cross, (it’s on my adrenaline junky bucket list) I felt it wasn’t the right time to do so. I didn’t put my boots on going up there, and my flip flops broke on the steep grade going up to the trestle, which is littered with old barbed wire and rocks. Once you get up there you can really see why it’s so dangerous. On either side of the bridge are sharp curves in the tracks, making it seemingly impossible to know if a train is coming from either direction. And once you are out onto the bridge there is no where to go but down. I had to trust my intuition on this one, and not cross the infamous death trestle this time. If you would like to learn more about this legend here is my video I made about the Pope Lick Monster:


After we got back home we instantly started moving to our new place. It was kinda odd, but I got this feeling like something didn’t want me to leave the apartment. Like something didn’t want me to be happy. It was just a random feeling I got, but I'm learning to trust that little voice in your head called intuition. At one point I even started feeling physically sick, and had to sit down. Luckily I am completely out by now, and feel like a different person then when I was living there.   

Once we got my office set up in the new house we put all of my dolls in the room with me. I’ve noticed some nights I will feel someone right behind me, and I’ll Stop for a moment and look around the room at all the dolls. Some of her definitely have some strange energy about them, and you can feel it. I’m planning on doing more videos on my dolls such as where they came from, stories behind some of them, and more focused sessions with them. Several of them are believed to be haunted, and I have definitely seen my fair share of anomalies fly off my doll shelf with my own eyes. One night, at my old apartment, I literally saw something about the size of a hawk fly off my shelf. It was a brown blur of movement that just jumped right off the shelf, and went into the other room.  


I’m excited about our new place because it’s in an area that i'd like to do more exploring in. I can feel that there are new abandoned and haunted places all around! There's several grown over roads I've spotted, and y'all know I have to walk down them and see what I find. I’m also investigating the Old Pauly Jail again Tuesday, and I may have a couple leads on some locations that have never been investigated as far as I know. One is an old radio station that my friends mom told me about, another is a haunted library, and then there’s also the Sipsey Wilderness which has a number of haunts and cryptid sightings. 


The other night Brittany’s friend came over to see our new place, and we were all outside telling ghost stories. She told us a story about a time after her Grandmother passed. She was at her apartment and had been thinking about her Grandmother. Then she spoke aloud to someone else in the house, and brought up something about her Grandmother. At that very moment the light in the room Across from her went out. She said she went in the room and unscrewed the bulb and put it back in, and it came right back on. 

After she told the story it reminded me of something that Happened to me several weeks ago. I was at work and we had a new person we were training. My manager asked her if she believed in ghosts, and she said she didn’t. She sounded like she thought we were asking her a trick question, and that she was just saying no because she thought we would call her crazy otherwise. At that point he told her what I do, and then she lightened up a little. I started telling her about the story of the dentist who committed suicide next door to where we work. At that very moment one of the lights started flickering for several minutes. This was the first time any of us noticed it doing this, so it was pretty spooky! 

All the talk about lights made me remember my street light interference video... check it out here if you haven't seen it yet:


No comments:

Post a Comment